Our third trading post has not gone without its 'issues'. It was due for installation in the summer of 2020 but, alas, 2020 was cancelled for everyone!
But, we have overcome so many obstacles and are pretty much there!
All the resources for all of the Trading Posts are reclaimed or recycled materials with only the fixings, painting and decorating being purchased.
The legs for this one were donated by the Rock and Fountain whilst the box itself once lived as a boring old pallet.
Issues this time around included:
- Getting the resources in one place to build it whilst living in lockdown.
- Getting help for whichever volunteer agreed to build it
- Which we were not able to do due to social distancing and lockdowns so this one was built with, pretty much, no help at all!
- Bad weather
- Some resources being unobtainable due to them being 'non-essential' items.
- Once it was created, waiting for the official 'handover' to Taff Rocks HQ in order to be decorated and
- Because this one is bigger than our others (I'll explain why later in this post), only having a garden to decorate it in. No indoor space to create it
|Flowers and a beautiful dragonfly|
Every decoration and letter is added and painted by hand, with up to six or more coats where needed, we do not use any transfers or stickers.
|One of the three Taff Rocks members starting the project decoration.|
|A butterfly, a bee, some ladybirds and some flowers.|
|Flowers and a little bit about the Trading Post and Taff Rocks|
|Always mention social media when sharing rocks.|
- Two Taff Rocks members (at least one being a trustee) would deliver the Trading Post at a specific time and date to its forever home.
- They would then stand back whilst the building's manager / owner / their representative would either 'sink' the legs in (if it has any, which this one does) or watch it being placed in its forever home.
- Once complete, these members would add a few painted rocks, take some photos, and let you all know that the Trading Post is now open and where it is.
- The box is delivered and the Taff Rocks members leave it in the building manager's / owner's capable hands.
- The building's manager / owner has it installed without anyone from Taff Rocks there and let's us know when it is complete
- We attend to take images and leave rocks
- Then we let you know it's open for rocks and trading!