This simple little spider will be at home an any bugline, critter conga or even Halloween! He's so easy to create.
You will need:
- A rock
- Black paint (for body)
- White paint (for eyes)
- A little red paint (for mouth)
- Paint brushes or paint pens of the colours listed
3. Whilst waiting for the black paint to dry, add a little web for your spider to hang from (optional)
- Using white paint, paint in some eyes. I used a dowel to just dot it on, you can use the wrong end of a pencil, cotton bud or something similar to dot on the eyes if you don't want to paint them on.
- When that's dry, paint in a thin line of black to outline the eyes
5. Pupils and mouth
- Using a dowel, cotton bud or pencil, dip in it the black paint for a pupil, then allow to dry
- For the mouth, use a thin paint brush and some red paint to add a smiley mouth
6. Optional - Add some decoration around the spider
- For this rock, I've used glow in the dark paint and added dots with a dowel. I'm going to wait for the eyes to dry before I can add some there too.
7. Add little white dots to the eyes (it was here I added some glow in the dark paint on top of the dried white dot)
Add text on the reverse of your rock
- If you need help with this, click here
- Allow to dry.
Seal your rock.
If you need help creating and sharing rocks, here are some previous publications that can help you:
- Preparing and Painting Rocks
- Cool Places to Hide Your Rocks
- Not-So-Cool Places to Hide Your Rocks
- Basic Do's and Do Not's
- What to write on the back of your rock
Check out the FAQ and, if it's not there, ask on the Facebook group, we'll all be happy to help!
For a full list of tutorials, please click here