This funky, farmyard chicken is easier than it looks. You can change all the colours if you wish, to make an even funkier and unique chicken.
- A rock
- An array of colours in paints for paint pens, including black and white.
- A small tool for dots or a white / black, fineline paint pen
1. Draw your outline
The outline doesn't shoe very well on this rock, so I will draw the outline again in the colours that they will be painted in
2. Step-by-step colour outline
4. Add some stripes to the beak (optional):
5. Outline your chicken:
6. Add details and an eye:
- Tip: Add the eye after all the details below have been added
- White dots to outline the body
- Black dots on the base of the crown
- Dots along the tail feathers
- Outline the stripes on the beak, if you have any
- Lines to outline the wings
Add text on the reverse of your rock
- If you need help with this, click here
- Allow to dry.
Seal your rock.
If you need help creating and sharing rocks, here are some previous publications that can help you:
- Preparing and Painting Rocks
- Cool Places to Hide Your Rocks
- Not-So-Cool Places to Hide Your Rocks
- Basic Do's and Do Not's
- What to write on the back of your rock
Check out the FAQ and, if it's not there, ask on the Facebook group, we'll all be happy to help!