This little ant has to be my absolute favourite! You can create your ant in whatever colour you desire, I've used orange and brown.
- Your rock
- A pencil and eraser, just in case
- Black paint, for the outline or a paint pen
- A thin paint brush if not using paint pens
- Colours of your choice
1. Draw your outline
2. Colour in the eyes
3. Colour the head and thorax (middle bit) on one colour.
4. And then the abdomen (back end of the ant)
5. Outline your work
6. Add some bog eyeballs
7. Some antennae and a little smiley mouth
8. Now add some legs, you can make them with lines and blobs or let him wear a pair of wellington boots (",)
9. Add some lines on the abdomen, or you can leave them off if you prefer
And here he is in all his glory! Isn't he awesome?
Add text on the reverse of your rock
- If you need help with this, click here
- Allow to dry.
Seal your rock.
If you need help creating and sharing rocks, here are some previous publications that can help you:
- Preparing and Painting Rocks
- Cool Places to Hide Your Rocks
- Not-So-Cool Places to Hide Your Rocks
- Basic Do's and Do Not's
- What to write on the back of your rock
Check out the FAQ and, if it's not there, ask on the Facebook group, we'll all be happy to help!
For a full list of tutorials, please click here