Some of you may have noticed that you are missing out on, possibly, essential updates and posts from Taff Rocks, either from the page or the group. Why is this? What have we done? And how can you help us and yourself?
We've done a little research and tried to make this not that boring, but, also, it still might be.
Lets get the official "slant" on this first:
The new Facebook algorithm works by ranking all available posts that can display on a user’s News Feed based on how likely that user will have a positive reaction.
Facebook’s algorithm for ranking and displaying content on your News Feed is based on four factors:
- The Inventory of all posts available to display.
- Signals that tell Facebook what each post is.
- Predictions on how you will react to each post.
- A Final Score assigned to the content based on all factors considered.
What on earth does this mean?
- Is it something Taff Rocks has done? No
- Is it something you, our valuable member has done? No
- Is it something Facebook has done? In part, yes
What it means is: Facebook has determined that, based on your 'signals' you do not need to see our information.
How can you help us to help you?
By giving "meaningful interactions" to a post, this will increase your ability to view other posts in your newsfeed.
The following Active Signals are deemed as "meaningful interactions" that, in tern, tailor the content of your newsfeed and increase how many Taff Rocks posts that you see:
In short, this means if you can interact with Taff Rocks posts, you have a better chance of seeing more, including important updates.
Also, with our upcoming events, if you click "interested" or "going" it will show up in your Facebook calendar and send you a reminder.