How on earth we haven't published a review on these pens yet is a mystery!
These are the Taff Rocks paint pen of choice for our public workshops. Not because we endorse them for the company and not because we receive them as gifts, for free. But for the following reasons:
- They are readily available locally to Taff Rocks HQ (from Trago Mills).
- They are sold at the lowest cost we can find them for, either in stores or online.
- Also for the reasons below
Taff Rocks workshops have gone through every colour, size and absolutely well into the three figures of quantity by now. For the reasons above, they are usually the pens used as prizes (donated by a co-founder) for our online competitions.
They come in packs of six in either a chunky nib or slim nibs, but not ultra-slim.
So, let's have a look at what the good points are:
- 24 colours
- Classic pack
- Fun pack
- Metal Pack
- Creative pack
- Different nib sizes
- Long lasting
- Excellent coverage
- Great for little fingers
- Can be good for some fine work
- Value for money
- Water-resistant, when dry
- No need to seal the artwork
The beneficiaries of our workshops love them.
Now for the not so good points.
- They can become watery if not used regularly, so make sure you give them a seriously good shake and 'charge' them when using after a long break.
- There's no brown!
- As with most pens, they may require more than one coat
In conclusion: I believe these pens, are excellent and value for money.
Reason for this review: As part of the Taff Rocks Admin Crew, I wanted to review these for fellow rockers, Taff Rocks members or other group.
This is my personal review and may not necessarily reflect those of other Taff Rocks members